Below are the events developed and supported by Driffield Town Council to mark the Platinum Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II in Driffield.
30th May – 1st June – The Queen’s Jubilee Show
Opportunity join the cast and to work with professional actors, producers and artistic directors.
- Rehearsals from 30th May to 1st June
- Show on 4th June – ‘Performance in the Park’
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01772 452362
28th May – 1st June – Driffield In Bloom Window Competition
- 28th – 29th May – Judging of over 60 shops and businesses taking part.
- 1st June – Presentation to winner and runners up
1st June – ‘Jubilee Stroll’
A gentle guided stroll around Driffield taking in the sights of Driffield’s Jubilee celebrations.
- Meet at the Wold Rangers Way map on Umbrella Plaza (Marketplace)
- An easy, 3-mile walk which should take about 2-hours
- Free to take part – just turn up on 1st June ready for a 1pm start
2nd June – Jubilee Thursday Market
- Thursday Market as usual
- Live music
- Street entertainment
2nd June – 4th September – The Platinum Jubilee Driffield Corgi Trail
Complete our unique town centre Corgi Trail
- Entry forms will be available from The Little Book Emporium, Wonders of the Wolds and Kinship
- Life size Corgis to discover hiding around the town centre.
- First 100 correct forms back win a fantastic Platinum Jubilee Corgi Medal!
- Official Press Release
2nd June – 5th June – Driffield in Bloom Platinum Jubilee ‘A Festival in Flowers’
Held in partnership with Driffield Town Council the Platinum Flower Festival will be held at All Saints Church From 10.00am to 4.00pm each day and Sunday June 5th 12.00 noon to 4.00pm
- All welcome.
- Free Admission
2nd June – Platinum Jubilee Proclamation
- A Proclamation by the Town Crier, Brian Fairfield will be made in Umbrella Plaza, Market Place, Driffield.
- Thursday June 2nd at 2.00pm
2nd June -Platinum Jubilee Thanksgiving Service & Beacon Lighting
Thanksgiving service and Beacon lighting will be on Thursday June 2nd at 7.30pm at Driffield Methodist Church led by Rev Rob Case and featuring Driffield Male Voice Choir walking afterwards to All Saints for refreshments and a preview of the Driffield in Bloom Flower Festival followed by:
- 9.35pm ‘Diu Reguare’ performed by the Pocklington Pipe Band
- 9.40pm ‘The Bugle Call’ performed by Luke Gledhill
- 9.45pm Lighting of the Beacon at All Saints by Mrs Shirley Franklin MBE and Mayor of Driffield, Cllr Mark Blakeston.
4th June – ‘Platinum in the Park’
On Saturday June 4th 2022 from 2.00-8.00pm at North End Park Driffield, ‘Platinum in the Park’ is a family party day filled with fun for all ages featuring:
- ‘Performance in the Park’ – The Queen’s Jubilee Show
- Britain’s Got Talent The Garnett Family,
- Buckrose Band,
- LS Dance,
- All for One Choir,
- Children’s Sports,
- The Bubble Fairies,
- Songs from Yesteryear,
- Community theatre,
- Children’s Crafts,
- Peppa Pig,
- Two Tossers Pizza
- And much much more – all with Free Admission