Driffield Healthy Town
Driffield Town Council are working with partner agencies to understand and identify the services most needed across health, council and voluntary sector to help prevent illness and to create plans for a healthy Driffield.
Driffield has a range of services available to help people stay healthy and to support you when you are feeling unwell. For example:
- Alfred Bean Hospital: We are working collaboratively to make the best use of this community asset and to help make Driffield a healthy town.
If you have a health condition that requires ongoing treatment, your GP Practice may refer you to the care of the community services based at the Alfred Bean
The type of services available include:
- Bladder bowel clinics
- Blood tests
- Musculoskeletal services
- Oxygen clinics
- Pain management
- Sexual health
- Therapy services
Alfred Bean Community Hospital
- Inspiring you to live a healthier lifestyle: The YOURhealth team are ready and waiting to help you become healthier and support your lifestyle change with motivation and guidance. Website: https://www.nhs-health-trainers.co.uk/
- Connect to Support East Riding: You can discover new groups and activities in your local area and find advice and information to support you to make choices to live the life you want to live. Visit https://eastriding.connecttosupport.org/ and search for Driffield.
- HealthiER Leisure Programmes: The Driffield Leisure Centre (Bridlington Road, Driffield, YO25 5HZ) offers swimming, fitness classes, and fun activities for all ages, and the town’s many clubs include rugby union, golf, football, cricket, lawn tennis, and martial arts. More information is available at: https://driffieldtowncouncil.gov.uk/leisure-community/sports/
About the Driffield Healthy Town project
Public service organisations through the East Riding of Yorkshire are working together to understand the key population health issues in Driffield, what drives these issues and what approach we take together to tackle these. These organisations include:
• Driffield Town Council
• East Riding of Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group
• East Riding of Yorkshire Council
• Yorkshire Coast & Wolds Primary Care Network (incorporating the Driffield GP practices)
• City Health Care Partnership CIC
• Humber Teaching NHS Foundation
Regular meetings are facilitated by the East Riding CCG and are chaired by Cllr. Mark Blakeston on behalf of Driffield Town Council. The projects ambition is to ensure that all services are joined up to work more efficiently and are appropriate to support the needs of for local residents. We want to create a neighbourhood where we can support and encourage people to take control of the choices they make in living their lives. To help people to look after themselves, adopt a healthier lifestyle, improve their wellbeing and reduce their need to access health and care services. When people are unwell, we will support them to manage their health needs which will help them to remain in work for longer and to stay independent and in their own home for longer.
An update on work and projects being developed by the group can be found here: