Driffield Town Council and East Riding of Yorkshire Council are co-funding a three-year pilot scheme to deliver public Wi-Fi in Driffield town centre. The scheme provides free-to-use public Wi-Fi along the main shopping route stretching from the railway station to Middle Street South and Market Place and will be operated and maintained by local telecommunications service provider Connexin Limited. The installation of fibre broadband will improve connection speeds in public spaces and an provides opportunity to support alternative ways of working, increased flexibility for businesses and promoting a wider range of town centre uses.
Driffield Public Wi-Fi Terms and Conditions of Use
(Last Updated 23/02/2022)
Before connecting to Driffield Public Wi-Fi, please read these terms and conditions below carefully (the “Terms”), a copy of which can also be downloaded by clicking on the link. We may make changes to these Terms from time to time, so we recommend that you review these regularly. Driffield Public Wi-Fi is a free public Wi-Fi service funded by East Riding of Yorkshire and Driffield Town Council but operated and maintained by Connexin Limited.
Download – Driffield Public Wi-Fi Terms and Conditions
The terms “we”, “our” and “us” when used in these Terms refers to Connexin Limited. The terms “you”, “your”, “yours”, “buyer” when used in these Terms means you as a user of Driffield Public Wi-Fi as the context requires. By checking the “Connect to the Internet” button you accept these Terms, you acknowledge that you have read and understood and agree to all the terms.
ATTENTION IS DRAWN TO SECTION 4 ON OUR LIABILITY TO YOU. If anything is unclear; please contact Connexin Limited at https://www.connexin.co.uk/contact/ before accepting these Terms.
Using Driffield Public Wi-Fi
- Driffield Public Wi-Fi is a free service available operated by Connexin Limited. You can continue to use Driffield Public Wi-Fi free of charge as long as you continue to accept our Terms.
- These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are services or digital content.
- Please read these terms carefully before you use our services. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce. Your continued use of the services will indicate you have accepted any changes we have made to these terms.
1.4 To connect to Driffield Public Wi-Fi you will not need to provide any personal information; however, details from the device you are using to connect to our network will be recorded.
1.5 Driffield Public Wi-Fi is intended for browsing the internet and using apps.
1.6 We are not responsible for the content of websites you visit while using Driffield Public Wi-Fi. We may at our sole discretion restrict access to certain features and websites. If you have any concerns about this or require any further information you can contact the Local Growth team at East Riding of Yorkshire Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.7 We do not guarantee uninterrupted access to Driffield Public Wi-Fi and we may suspend the service at any time, for any reason, in our sole discretion.
1.8 Driffield Public Wi-Fi is not a secure network and we are not responsible for the security of the information and data which you transmit using Driffield Public Wi-Fi. We are not responsible for the accuracy of any information or data obtained from the internet using Driffield Public Wi-Fi.
Information about Connexin Limited
2.1 Connexin is a Limited Company registered in England under company number 5823408. Registered address: 9th Floor, 107 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6DN.
2.2 You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01482 363738 or via the website at https://www.connexin.co.uk/contact/
How we use your information
3.1 By using Driffield Public Wi-Fi you agree that your device details will be stored.
3.2 Any activity you undertake on the Driffield Public Wi-Fi network will be logged against your device details. We use that data to monitor compliance with these Terms, to prevent and detect crime and to monitor usage of Driffield Public Wi-Fi. We reserve the right to report on any activity undertaken on Driffield Public Wi-Fi and where necessary restrict or block access to a person, account, website or device.
Liability to you
4.1 Nothing in these Terms shall restrict or exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence or our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
4.2 We shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise arising for:
• loss of income or revenue;
• loss of business;
• loss of profits or contracts;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of opportunity or goodwill;
• loss of, damage to, or corruption, of data; or
• indirect or consequential loss of any kind.
Acceptable Use of Driffield Public Wi-Fi
5.1 By using Driffield Public Wi-Fi, you agree to not:
5.1.1 use the Driffield Public Wi-Fi services in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful or illegal purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into any operating system; or
Examples of Illegal Uses
The following are representative examples only and do not comprise a comprehensive list of illegal uses:
• Spamming and invasion of privacy – Sending of unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet using the Service or using the Service for activities that invade another’s privacy.
• Intellectual property right violations – Engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or any other proprietary right of any third party.
• Accessing illegally or without authorisation computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate/circumvent security measures of another system. This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration, including, but not limited to, port scans, stealth scans, or other information gathering activity.
• The transfer of technology, software, or other materials in violation of applicable export laws and regulations.
• Export Control Violations
• Using the Service in violation of applicable law and regulation, including, but not limited to, advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards, pirating software, or making fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services.
• Uttering threats.
5.1.2 use Driffield Public Wi-Fi services for any unacceptable purpose;
Examples of Unacceptable Uses
The following are representative examples only and do not comprise a comprehensive list of unacceptable uses:
• High bandwidth operations, such as large file transfers and media sharing with peer-to-peer programs (i.e.torrents).
• Obscene or indecent speech or materials.
• Defamatory or abusive language.
• Using the Service to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available defamatory, harassing, abusive, or threatening material or language that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another.
• Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message.
• Distribution of Internet viruses, Trojan horses, or other destructive activities.
• Distributing information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan horses, pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, or denial of service attacks. Also, activities that disrupt the use of or interfere with the ability of others to effectively use the node or any connected network, system, service, or equipment.
• The sale, transfer, or rental of the Service to customers, clients or other third parties, either directly or as part of a service or product created for resale.
• Seeking information on passwords or data belonging to another user.
• Making unauthorised copies of proprietary software, or offering unauthorised copies of proprietary software to others.
• Intercepting or examining the content of messages, files or communications in transit on a data network.
5.1.3. infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the services; or
5.1.4. transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the services.
5.1.5 use Driffield Public Wi-Fi services for any commercial purposes;
5.1.6 make any use of Driffield Public Wi-Fi which causes the whole or part of Driffield Public Wi-Fi to be interrupted, damaged, made less efficient, or impair the effectiveness or functionality of Driffield Public Wi-Fi in anyway;
5.1.7 use Driffield Public Wi-Fi for sending or posting any computer viruses or any other harmful code, or any material which is defamatory, offensive or obscene; or
5.1.8 use Driffield Public Wi-Fi in a way which infringes the rights of any person (whether in breach of confidentiality or intellectual property rights or otherwise).
5.2 We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to Driffield Public Wi-Fi, without advance notice, if we reasonably believe that you are misusing Driffield Public Wi-Fi or are otherwise in breach of these Terms.
6.1 You agree to indemnify and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from and against all liabilities, claims, losses or damages (including legal fees) costs and other expenses, however caused, that may arise as a result of or in connection with inappropriate or unauthorised access to Driffield Public Wi-Fi by you and/or breach by you of any of these Terms.
7.1 If any part or provision of these Terms are found to be unlawful or unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you), the enforceability of any other party of these Terms will not be affected.
7.2 These Terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.