Annual Parish Meeting & Annual Reports
Annual Parish Meetings
The Annual Parish Meeting (APM) takes place in Driffield every year and is quite distinct from other meetings of the Town Council the Local Government Act (1972) states The parish meeting of a parish shall assemble annually on some day between 1st March and 1st June, both inclusive, in every year.
- The Chairman of the Town Council chairs the Parish Meeting;
- The Clerk to the Town Council organises and takes the minutes of the Parish Meeting;
- Any person on the electoral register in the parish of Driffield (including Little Driffield) can attend the Parish meeting;
- At the Parish meeting, with the exception of the Chair, councillors rank the same as other members of the electorate;
- Agendas for Parish Council meetings are published three days ahead of the meeting;
- Only Councillors may request items to be placed on the agenda of a Town Council meeting whereas any member of the electorate may do so at the Annual Parish Meeting, however, anyone not on the electoral register of the parish is ‘a stranger’ and does not have the right to vote.
- The Mayor and committee Chair’s present their Annual Reports at the Parish meeting.
Driffield Annual Parish Meeting 2020/2021
The annual Parish Meeting with be held using video call technology this year due to COVID restrictions in-place at the time
- The meeting will be held on Tuesday 27th April 2021 at 7:00pm.
- The agenda is here – Driffield Annual Parish Meeting 27 April 2021
- Parishioners wishing to attend should email the Town Clerk for Zoom video call details at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Reports for 2020/2021
Copies of the Annual Reports to be presented by the Mayor and Chair’s of committees can be found below:
- Annual Report 2020.2021
- The Mayors Report April 21
- Property Assets Committee Report April 21
- Events Committee Report April 21
- Planning Committee Report April 21
- Environment Committee Report April 21
- CCTV Committee Report April 21
- Allotment Committee Report April 21