Consultation on the Yorkshire Wolds being designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
- Part of the Yorkshire Wolds is being considered for designation as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Local knowledge is needed by Natural England and local councils as they make an assessment
Whether you live in the area, run a local business, represent a local organisation or enjoy visiting the Yorkshire Wolds, you can give evidence to help inform the potential designation. Local knowledge is needed by Natural England and local councils as they make an assessment.
You can share their views online by visiting the newly launched website https://www.yorkshire-wolds-designation-project.org, where an app can also be downloaded. A series of face-to-face drop-in sessions and webinars are being planned where people can find out more.
Please see the website to book a place at the webinar. The webinars will happen on the following dates:
- 14th June, 19:30hrs – To book, click here
- 16th June, 13:30hrs – To book, click here
- 27th June, 19:00hrs – To book, click here
- 30th June, 19:00hrs – To book, click here
The first drop-in sessions happened in early June, the next drop-in sessions are as follows:
Tuesday 21st June:
- 11:00 to 17:00 Beverley Races
- 09:00 to 16:00 Pocklington Market
Wednesday 22nd June:
- 09:00 to 12:00 Thixendale Village Hall
- 09:00 to 19:00 Walton Street Market – Hull
- 14:00 to 17:00 Market Weighton Community Hall
Thursday 23rd June:
- 09:00 to 16:00 Driffield Thursday Market
- 10:00 to 16:00 North Cave Village Hall